Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lemon Water


 Every morning, before eating anything, I have a lukewarm cup of lemon and raw honey water to wake up my body. Has to be lukewarm so it's the same temperature as my body and doesn't shock it since it's the first thing I drink. It aids in detoxing, and, in my experience, suppresses appetite. I don't take it for the latter, but for detoxing and because it is just pure comfort. I also give it to my nieces when they have a cold and it helps with their cough and sore throat. I add 1/4 of a lemon to 1 cup of lukewarm water, and a tsp of raw honey. I use local honey (YAY, local).

Love,

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of this before, but it sounds like an awesome idea! :^) I often have lemon water anyway, but never tried it with honey.

    Oh you and your Elvsession-- see what I did there? :^D haha

    ReplyDelete